| |

Early Midway

Home
Opening day, the majority of the rides in the park were leased from their owner / operator. Questionable business practices by some of these ride owners led to the founding of a partnership between Edward and Robert.

partmid
Midway pre-1909 rink upper left, Old Mill
(dark windmill type building), fun house (with castle type towers)

Click picture to enlarge



Ed Bollinger
circa 1930

Click picture to enlarge



Orville & Willis
Souvenir Post Card

Click picture to enlarge



Souvenir Post Card


Click picture to enlarge


Mr & Mrs Lamanon 1905, Mr Lamanon
member of D'Ubano Band that
Opened The Oaks Amusement Resort

Click picture to enlarge



Fun House

Click picture to enlarge



Tumble Bug (circa 1915) was very popular yet was unprofitable. It operated about 10 years
The train of 4 cars ran on an 8 foot wavy track. Required a lot of ground space.

Click picture to enlarge



Travers Seaplane Deluxe

Click picture to enlarge

Zip installed in 1927 on raised platform to prevent damage from floods. Due to high number of injuries, high maintenance, decrease in ridership, it was removed circa 1934
Described as the first steel roller coaster on the West Coast. Its original 3,200 foot Wood laminated steel track was shortened approx 700 feet due to trolley right of way. This change made the ride very rough.


Click picture to enlarge


Custer Cars
circa 1915 - 1920

Click picture to enlarge


Merri Mixup


















 ©Mrs. "B" | Background:Dion | Icons: Dion & Icon Finder |
Updated 02/28/2015 |